Beehive peak's south face In the beautiful Lee Metcalf wilderness.
The hanging garden runs left to right in this photo and ends on the flat shoulder of the west ridge. Photo obtained from:
The climb was really fun- lots of no fall terrain- but really moderate climbing. I started by climbing the east couloir to the col, then descended down towards beehive lake. I found the bottom of the hanging garden and had perfect frozen neve and some water ice to climb. I topped the couloir out then tagged the summit and descended the west ridge and the 4th of July couloir. The best part of the climb was that it allowed me to circumnavigate the peak, climb thousands of feet of ice/neve by enchaining multiple couloirs, and get back to Bozeman before 3:00pm.
Looking up the foreshortened east couloir
Perfect neve in the east couloir
Good views
down climbing neve on the north side
yea- in the hanging garden
Looking down the hanging garden
Cheers, Loren

No comments:
Post a Comment