silver falls
Olin, Bridget, Brad, and myself had a fun couple of days in the Beartooths during turkey day.
We climbed silver falls (shown above with Brad on lead). It is in fun shape, get it before Dec. 1st when they gate the road and you have to walk an extra mile (one way).
We also climbed the seldom done Hidden falls. It is in the fattest shape I have ever seen it. There is a super fun mixed variation on the right side in the obvious dihedral. It goes on natural gear (to 1.5") and is really high quality. I first climbed this mixed variation with Matt Weiland years ago when the ice was in poor shape. Climbing it this last Thanksgiving weekend reminded me of how good a mixed route it actually is. The mixed variation is roughly M4, so go get it while you can drive the road!
A couple of Billings cats we met up on hidden falls- solid guys
Brad and I bonding-photos by Bridget
I hope you're all enjoying whatever medium you like to climb on the most, and being thankful for the experience as well.
Cheers, Loren
No comments:
Post a Comment