Monday, January 3, 2011

A bit of ice


Anti duct


A scary looking "sand dune falls"

I finally managed to get out climbing the last few weeks. Nothing to extreme, just really good fun.

Bridget and I went to the West rosebud valley and climbed the "Antiduct" a beautiful WI5 ice climb in a neat setting. We were rewarded with great views, sticky ice, and fun climbing. We also went to the East rosebud and did the approach to "Sand Dune falls", an awesome pillar. When we got to the base we found that it had recently collapsed and was reforming, we sat in the sun beneath the pillar for a bit then headed to Redlodge for food. It was a fun, well-needed, trip.

I also had the chance to climb an all time classic Hyalite pitch called "Black Magic" with K-bone and Lawrence. It's an old Alex Lowe route that climbs a steep crack to a thin and steep section of ice; it's roughly 5.10-, WI5 and protects with natural gear. The lead was a difficult one for me, I am wicked out of shape and have never been that pumped before! All in all it was a awesome climb.


myself on Black Magic


Black Magic

Hopefully soon I'll have a few more posts up about some Beartooth adventures in the works.

cheers, Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment